LocationMarlborough, Wiltshire / Remote working
Our Software Engineers work in small teams to plan and collaboratively build software that meets our quality standards.
As a Software Engineer, you will feed into the product and technology roadmaps to help identify value improvements and support the design and refinement of solutions ready for the team to build.
You will bring your own expertise and experience to the table as we continue to learn and grow. Youâ€™ll participate in debate, collaboration, experimentation, and investigation.â€¯Every member of our team plays a critical role in helping us achieve our product vision and departmentâ€™s mission.
â€¯What we need you to bring to the party:â€¯â€¯
Some of the core skills you will need to be successful are outlined here. You donâ€™t need to be a master of all these things to be a member of our team. Yes, we love expertise, but above all, we value a keen interest and demonstrable ability to learn! Besides, who knows what technologies weâ€™ll want to try our hand at. You will absolutely thrive if you can demonstrate:
- A good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and SOLID software design principles, as well as approaches to implementing them.
- The ability to build server- and client-side web applications using clean, well-document and secure code.
- The ability to share your expertise and communicate technical ideas with other technical and non-technical team members.
- An understanding of TDD and BDD, and frameworks such as Gherkin/Cucumber.
- A passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies and approaches and sharing your knowledge with others.
- Experience with the following server-side languages, frameworks
- .Net framework (v4 and ideally Core)
- C#, MVC, Entity Framework, WebAPI
- SQL Server
- Experience with the following client-side languages and frameworks
- CSS, including styling architecture techniques such as SASS
- HTML including semantic HTML5
- Node and npm/yarn dependency management
- Task runners such as Gulp or Webpack
What we will offer in return:â€¯â€¯â€¯
- â€¯A very competitive salary/superb benefits and the opportunity to develop your career. We take great pride in upskilling and promoting our staff.
- An innovative, progressive and fast-paced, fun team environment where you can work as part of a brilliant team, enjoy your work and be rewarded for it.
- A hybrid, flexible working environment where you can plan your week and work from home at least three days.
Be Bold-â€¯We maintain our entrepreneurial spirit, keeping a sense of agility and curiosity in all we do.
Be Distinctive-â€¯We think differently and celebrate the individual. We bring quality, passion, and fun to our work.
Be Honest-â€¯We act with integrity to our partners and customers. We are forthright with each other to ensure we continually improve.
Be Accountable-â€¯We take responsibility for delivering results and support one another to succeed.
â€¯Before you goâ€¦â€¯
â€¯We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion at Adam Matthew Digital. We strongly encourage a wide, diverse range of applications.