Management Accountant (18-month fixed-term contract)
You will support our Finance Director to ensure the on-going efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Department. The role will be an integral part of the Finance Team, that supports the global Adam Matthew Digital business; working closely with UK based and global colleagues at SAGE Publishing.
What we need you to bring to the party:
Some of the core skills you will need to be successful are outlined here.
Professional Experience and Skills
- ACCA or CIMA qualified or part-qualified (QBE)
- Proven experience at Management Accountant/Financial Accountant level
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to build positive and effective work relationships
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Ability to interpret and act upon appropriate legislation; to work ethically according to professional and ethical standards
- Analytical thinking â€“ the ability to analyse, investigate and interpret data, and present trends to facilitate business decisions
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor communications at different levels
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively; ability to focus oneself on achieving specific outcomes and produce work in a timely and accurate manner
- Able to cope with pressure and juggle priorities.
- Able to manage sensitive and difficult situations
- Able to use own initiative to improve processes and find solutions for tasks
- Strong It skills â€“ to include Finance software and excel
- Team working skills and attention to detail
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree (ideally in Finance, Accounting or Economics)
- Knowledge and/or experience of the publishing industry
What we will offer in return:
- A competitive salary/excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop your career. We take great pride in upskilling and promoting our staff.
- A collaborative, warm and friendly team environment where you can enjoy your work and be rewarded for it.
- A hybrid, flexible working environment where you can plan your week and work from home at least three days.
Be Bold- We maintain our entrepreneurial spirit, keeping a sense of agility and curiosity in all we do.
Be Distinctive- We think differently and celebrate the individual. We bring quality, passion, and fun to our work.
Be Honest- We act with integrity to our partners and customers. We are forthright with each other to ensure we continually improve.
Be Accountable- We take responsibility for delivering results and support one another to succeed.
Before you goâ€¦
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion at Adam Matthew Digital. We strongly encourage a wide, diverse range of applications.